Wednesday, June 2, 2010

How Soon is Now? - The Smiths

I grew up with two older sisters so I always had a strong love of 80's music. My sister was always playing Depeche Mode (our favorite band), Erasure, The Smiths, The Cure, etc. When I was in high school up in Santa Maria we had a lot of friends that played music and had their own little cover bands. Our friend Tim had a great voice and sang all the old U2 songs. We used to go to a lot of parties where the bands would play. I remember going to a party at my friend Skeeter's house where this band played. We knew the drummer really well because he was in love with my sister. But my sister had eyes for the singer. I remember her saying "That's Jamie". All the girls liked him because he played guitar and sang Cure and Smiths songs. She went up and introduced herself and we took pictures together like he was a celebrity. I was happy for my sister because it was the first time I really saw her like someone - she had the Eye of the Tiger for Jamie! She had a lot of guys chasing after her because she was so pretty. I thought Jamie was cool cause he had a Marilyn Monroe shirt on. Here we are - I'm the shorty in the front.

My sister will probably kill me for putting this picture up - but hey it's a good story. Her and Jamie have been married for 12 years and have 2 beautiful baby girls.

I'm uploading this video because Morrissey stole my dance moves.

3 comments:

  1. omg- your sister married a celeb?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, Chrys....the drummer that night was Jamin...not the one that was ga-ga for me. :} Still great delivery...I miss Tim's voice.
    Love Morrissey's dance moves! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I thought Ray was the drummer???

    ReplyDelete